Thursday, April 14, 2011

Nothing New

So while everyone is touring Boston and starting new jobs and getting ab muscles, I am here in rainy rainy Seattle working and getting fat in a completely non-alcoholic way. It has rained here consistantly since last fall. I am pasty white and vitamin D deficient. Work has been ridiculously busy with lots of really sad stories of lost babies and sick pregnancies. My perspective at work has changed a little since I got knocked up. Things are a little more personal, especially when someone looses a baby close the age of your own. But the good stories and births are now even more exciting and celebrating with a family is that much more fun. I started teaching a new group of couples for childbirth education this week and it was so much fun to tell them that I was preggers too! It'll be weird to get bigger along with them. Justin has been working crazy hard to get his PhD thesis done before the end of this month and I've been working like crazy to get time off to party afterwards. Once this week is over and the sun comes out, life will be good again. Until then, thank you for listening to me whine. Love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment