Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Royal Wedding

I finally got some time to pull together some pictures from Mathieu and Laurie's wedding this past weekend. It was an amazing time! Everyone I met was very welcoming and kind, and everybody who could went out of their way to speak English with me. A lot of people asked me if French weddings were any different from American ones, and really I came to find that they are exactly the same.

Everything went very smoothly except for one minor detail. The ceremony was supposed to take place outside on the lawn. We set everything up the day before (benches, stage, decorations, sound equipment, etc). Two hours before it was supposed to start the weather turned on us. There were ugly thick gray clouds, horrible winds, and the forecast was saying rain. They didnt want to take a chance, so we hustled and moved everything inside a tent which was connected to the reception hall. It all worked out inside, but then of course the clouds scattered and we had beautiful blue skies... I was included in the ceremony itself, which was fun but very nerve racking. Delphine and her 2 sisters, Lauries sister, and all the significant others sang a song together for Mat and Laurie. So in total, there were 8 of us on stage. I had to sing 3 lines on my own, in French, in front of 160 people I didnt know. I'm sure you all would've been humored had you witnessed this, but everyone told me I sounded ok. Also, during the reception, Laurie and Mat thanked me for coming while addressing everyone before dinner. It was a nice surprise!

These are just a few of my pics... Enjoy!! More to come from my trip.. Everything has been amazing so far.. Tomorrow we embark on a quick trip to Torino.. Hope all is well.. Someone give Josie a kiss for me

The Front of the Chateau 
Back of the Chateau.. You can see on the left the tent where the ceremony ended up taking place

Reception Room

Faby with baby Juliette (Wearing your dress, Mom)

Delphine kicking things off


Entrance Mat and Christine

Laurie and Mat

Me, Philippe (Claire's bf), Claire, and Faby

After the ceremony (behind us the space where ceremony would have been had the weather cooperated)

Les Parents Lesieur Christine and Jacques

Cocktail after the ceremony

La famille Lesieur et sa nouvelle addition


Filtering in for dinner

First dance
From Left to Right: Philippe, Julien (groomsman 1), Gabriel (BF of one of Lauries Bridesmaids), Yannick (Groomsmen 2, Faby's fiance), Francois (BF of Lauries sister and other bridesmaid) and me. All the men of the bride and grooms table.



Classique

New bride lovin' life

Dancing with Delph's Gma !

Gettin' down

Yeaaaah Jacques !!

Breakfast the day after in the reception room

Outside at breakfast

 A million more pics to share but this gives you a good idea .. Hugs and kisses to all !!

-Jared

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Thanks for telling me how to follow! Bethie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures and recap are great. The wedding and reception look like a dream. You are very fortunate to have been there for such a gorgeous event, and as part of such a loving family! How special that they included you, and to such an extent. I cannot wait to see more pictures. More so, I cannot wait to see you and Delphine in a few weeks!! I'll give Josie a fat smoocher from you when I see her tomorrow. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete